Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Cards

Today's topic at Geneabloggers is Christmas Cards. Be sure to look at other posts on this topic. 


We have a tradition of photo Christmas cards. The photo above is the first photo of all three of our children on our Christmas card. They are posed on a quilt I made for our son who was born just before Christmas the year before. This photo still makes me smile but it wasn't always easy to get a good snapshot. I often had a photo of two smiling children and with with their eyes closed or head turned away. This was before digital cameras. I used film. In fact one year it took three rolls of film to get a good photo!

Today our children are all adults and we all live in different states. The challenge now it to get all of us together in one photo. Last year we were able to take this shot when we gathered at Thanksgiving.


This year's photo card is almost ready to put in the mail. Watch for it!

Read my 2011 Advent Memories post: Old family cards


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.